Would you like to firm your upper arms?
This exercise video shows you tricep exercises that effectively (and safely) firm your upper arms and strengthen your middle back and your wrists.
Video suitability: general
Video duration: 3 minutes
Please scroll down below this tricep exercise video for guidelines and pelvic floor safe exercise modifications
Resistance bands are great for strengthening and toning the back of your upper arms (your tricep muscles)
Triceps is the large muscle at the back of your upper arm (shown right)
Exercising your triceps muscles can help you improve your arm strength and firm the back of your arms.
Guide For Tricep Exercises
1. Loop your resistance band around a door handle (door closed!)
2. Hold the end of the resistance band in each hand
3. Move away from the door handle so that your arms are outstretched
4. Keep band resistance light to moderate
5. Soften your knees and lift the crown of your head towards the ceiling
6. Lock your upper arms into the sides of your trunk and position your elbows at right angles – your upper arms shouldn’t move during this exercise
- Press your forearms downwards to extend the resistance band
- Raise your chest forwards to use your back muscles during this action
- Breathe out as you press your forearms downwards
- Breath in as you return your elbows to right angles
Pelvic Floor Safe Tips & Modifications
To minimise the load on your pelvic floor during this exercise:
- Choose resistance band that’s light to moderate strength; avoid heavy resistance band
- Extend one arm at a time to reduce the overall resistance while you strengthen
- Breathe out with the effort of pushing down
- Do this exercise sitting on a chair or an exercise ball as an alternative to standing
INSIDE OUT – PELVIC FLOOR SAFE EXERCISES
with Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist
Learn how to exercise and avoid exercises that overload the pelvic floor causing pelvic floor problems.
Inside Out book and DVD is a complete exercise solution for women seeking to exercise safely and protect their pelvic floor.